The Comstock Memorial Library of Entomology was established in 1914, when the students of John Henry Comstock created a book fund in his honor. Later, Professor Comstock increased the fund by personal contribution and donated his books to the library. The primary subjects of the collection are general and applied entomology; related areas include parasitology, medical entomology, ecology, zoological nomenclature, and allied orders of arthropods. The collection has an extensive number of reprints, departmental theses, and rare books. In an effort to sustain the accessibility of this world-class collection in line with the strategic planning process of Cornell University and the Cornell University Library, the collection and services were integrated into the main life sciences collection housed at Albert R. Mann Library following the closing of the Comstock Memorial Library of Entomology in June 2012.